One of the undeniable advantages of Magento is it offers a rich set of Magento extensions. The merchants have the opportunity to use paid or free modules considerably extending the native Magento functionality and increasing chances to get bigger sales rates. All of them are available from Magento Connect.
And though it’s difficult to guarantee all they are highly secured, Magento tried to partially resolve this problem. So, Magento tests the extension code quality before it appears in the Magento marketplace. By the way, it’s always a good idea to take some additional actions when it comes to security. See what exactly you may do.
- The first rule to keep your website secure is a constant application of patches and all updates. Remind you that patches and upgrades are the only reason why big companies prefer license for any product.
- What about backup? In case your website was attacked, an offsite backup or downloadable backup is able to provide seamless business flow. An offsite backup may prevent you from loss of your data through maintaining it into the other place.
- Are you sure, that your Magento password is sufficient? Use lowercase and uppercase letters, numbers and special characters to compose your password. We strongly recommend you not to use the information like your pets’ names, dates of your birthday, and etc.
- Two-factor authentication is one more effective step to reinsure your website. It requires users input not only login and password, but some kind of special information to make an access available.
- Each your password should be unique. Don’t use the same passwords for several accounts. You may think it’s convenient, but in case one of your accounts is broken, the rest ones will also be broken. And don’t remember to change it time to time and always say: ‘Never’ when your computer asks you whether it can save your password.
- Saving your information for access or remain it unchanged is the more convenient than to create new and input it again and again. And using default admin URL, login and password is also convenient, but it’s too risky. Kill the wish to use default data for access.
- Shared hosting is cheap, but money saving and convenience are the last things you should think about when it comes about your website security. Shared hosting is extremely sensitive to hacker attacks. The Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting and dedicated hosting work better for an ecommerce store from the safety point of view. And finally, it’s wise to work with reliable hosting provider able to offer not only required infrastructure but a perfect overall support.
- Always use licensed extensions and Magento themes. Don’t try to save money downloading cracked software from third party websites.
8.The data sent via the uncodified connections are vulnerable to interception by the hackers. So, applying the encrypted connection (SSL-HTTPS) is the right solution. The main goal of SSL is the coding of all the messages between browsers/servers providing data pass through the safe (HTTPS) connection. SSL certificate is available from any verified certification center and can be installed via SiteWorx.
We may provide you, even more, tips but the most important for you as a business owner to remember that your business is always growing and changing. The Internet is also dynamic and constantly developing system and hazards are always being modified. Only regulate safety testing can help you to be aware of new threats and other safety-related events.